Sunday, April 6, 2008

mmm Pocky


The Kitchener-Waterloo area has a few Asian grocery stores, like New City Supermarket and Ben Thanh Supermarket (not to be confused with the similarly-named restaurants) that are generally adequate for our cooking staples (cheap veggies, fish sauce, etc.)
About once a month or so though, Argie and I like to do a run down to Mississauga to T&T Supermarkets, at Central Parkway. T&T is enormous, well organized, and in my estimation, cleaner than your average Loblaws chain store.
One of our favourite things to do at T&T is to search for new and unusual products, or new takes on some of our favourites. The candy aisle is especially interesting for fun discoveries.
One of my favourite treats to keep in my desk at work is a box of Pocky
and I always try and grab a new flavour each time we go. Some of the tried and true flavours that I've had include Green Tea Mousse, Almond Crush, and Milky Coffee. Pocky is basically a pretzel stick that is covered in a different flavoured candy or savoury coating.
If you haven't tried Pocky, I suggest you do, then ask yourself that age old question: If you were Pocky, what flavour would you be??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Pocky had so many variants!