Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tea-se Me


I am just getting over a rather nasty cold (hopefully the last one of the winter!), but it's such a beautiful day, I thought, even if I'm homebound with the sun shining outside, I can bring a little lovely spring to me!
I have had a bag with Lychee Jasmine flower "performing flower tea" in the tea cupboard, waiting for just such a day.
Argie has had this kind of tea before, at a bubble tea place up in Markham, so I've seen it in action, but that doesnt mean it wasn't as cool doing it at home.
When you put the tea in your cup (I recommend a see-through cup so you can see the action), its a small, dense ball. Slowly it blossoms, and the aroma is lovely as it expands in your cup!
We got this particular kind at a local tea shop in Waterloo, Distinctly Tea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi elsie! it's amazing, i just saw this in "Marie Antoinette" w/ Kirsten Dunst! i have to try....